Secret Suburb: Things to do and see in Auburn
For the return of the Sunday Telegraph‘s popular Secret Suburb, I chose the Sydney suburb of Auburn because I wanted to explore this fascinating melting pot of cultures with my wonderful friend Asma, who was in town from Darwin.
Even if you think you know the area, I bet there are a few surprises for you to discover as I did.
Things to see, do, and appreciate in Auburn:
- Lone Pine in the Auburn Botanical Gardens
- Maras Ice Cream from Mado Café
- Ballroom dancing for Chinese seniors, hosted by the Auburn City Council
- Lunch or dinner at Cafe Bodrum
- Check out the peacock mosaic in front of the Peacock Art Gallery
Auburn was a great – and educational – way to start my Secret Suburb column. Browse photos of some wonderful people I met in Auburn and some of the great places I discovered. This is my column on the Sunday Telegraph website.
Where is Auburn?
Secret Suburb is published in the Sunday Telegraph, Australia’s biggest selling newspaper, every Sunday. Follow Sunday Telegraph Editor, Mick Carroll on Twitter here. Follow the Sunday Telegraph on Twitter here.