Secret Suburb: Things to do and see in the Macarthur Region
In the amount of time it takes to run a load of laundry, you could be lacing up your trainers about to head out for a leisurely bush walk. Or for the more adventurous a steeper trek down to a secluded waterfall.
Read “Secret Suburb: Discover the Macarthur region’s wild and beautiful side” in The Sunday Telegraph here.
Things to do, see, and appreciate in Macarthur
- See the hilly plains on horseback with the Sydney Trail Riding Centre.
- Visit the Onslow Oval in Camden, the location where Anjelina Jolie filmed inspiring running scenes for her movie, Unbroken.
- Learn fun ways to re-use everyday items at the Macarthur Centre for Sustainable Living.
- Have a 50s inspired photo session with Bexterity PinUp Photography.
- See how endangered plants are being saved from extinction at The Australian PlantBank.
- Get a psychic reading from Tracey-Lee Psychic at a spirited dinner at the haunted Menangle House Horse and Jockey Inn.
- Walk through the gardens or ride through the world-class mountain bike trails at The Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan.
Leave the blankets behind and let Pretty Picnics set-up your gourmet lunch.
Enjoy the freshwater swimming hole at Dharawal National Park.
Have a punt at Australasia’s premier harness racing track, Menangle Park.
Where is Macarthur
Secret Suburb is published in The Sunday Telegraph, Australia’s biggest selling newspaper, every Sunday. Follow The Sunday Telegraph Editor, Mick Carroll on Twitter here. Follow The Sunday Telegraph on Twitter here.